Saturday, March 2, 2013

Temptations

Greetings, all! I dropped by the shop today on my way to view the Woodlawn Needlework Exhibition. I hadn't been expecting to see much new, as the Nashville market is going on today, and a contingent of our shop ladies is in Nashville, loading up the truck with all the wonderful new goodies they're buying for the shop. So I thought it was safe enough to stop by, get some floss and chew the fat with the remaining crew. No temptation, right?

Wrong. So, so wrong. Never mind that I got there just after the UPS man had dropped off a stack of Lakeside Linens in all my favorite counts and colors....

I didn't have the big camera with me, as I hadn't anticipated the pile of new stuff, the walls of tempation just beckoning. You can't photos at Woodlawn at all. So bear with the point-and-shoot photos here, and I'll try to get better ones when I go back on Stitch Night to shoot photos of all the new Nashville merchandise. First off, there are a few trunk shows going on in the shop; here's Black Branch Needlework's show. A few samplers here:


Some pin pillows in the case:

Another sampler model:

"Sarah Leigh." I am singing "Nobody doesn't like Sarah Leigh..."

"Susanah Raymert Learning."

"Margaret Morley." I aim to stitch Ms. Morley. We have all the charts, of course! Come visit Black Branch Needlework and our other trunk shows during Woodlawn!

Here's a newly finished and framed shop model of Samsarah Design Studio's "Daily Life" montage. It is precious (and so beautifully stitched by Candie). I love the blue fabric, the charming designs, the buttons, the composition--all of it. It came out on a monthly basis, and we have all the little individual designs. Stitch one, or stitch all of them like this. It's been a tough winter in many parts of the country--can you think of anything more cheerful than this hanging on your wall?

Here's the first of the series. Normally I am exclusively a repro sampler stitcher, but this appeals to me. (Photo borrowed from Samsarah's site).

For a bright and appealing stitch that's also a repro, you can't beat The Scarlett House's newest design: "Rachel Howells 1856." This photo doesn't do it justice--what wonderful shades of scarlet and green! I snapped up one of these, along with the NPI silks (also charted for DMC).

Other notable charts: Just Nan's "Spring in the Tulips" (Bunnies!):

"Abe and Mary Lincoln Quilt Sampler" by Rosewood Manor.

Lizzie Kate's "Spring String," a cute, colorful and quick stitch.

This is not our only new Prairie Schooler in the shop. Here, "Three Pigs."

"Farmstead Christmas" by Plum Street Samplers. What a great little pillow or ornament.

And in beautiful reds and greens (and something else I want to stitch), "Mary Edmondson 1812" reproduced by Pineberry Lane.

Check back often, as we'll show you some of the goodies that the ladies in Nashville bring back with them.

In the meantime, be sure to visit Woodlawn's 50th Annual Needlework Exhibition, which is practically across the street from the shop. It's open every day but Tuesday. During the month of March we're open 7 days a week: Monday-Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Stitch Nights are the first and third Wednesdays of the Month, and this stitch night will feature the new merchandise from Nashville.

If you have questions or want to place an order, please call us at 703-360-4600. And a hint if you've never visited us before but plan to, especially before or after Woodlawn: from Woodlawn, head north on Route 1, go less than a mile. Look for the shopping center to the right of the MacDonalds on the right side of the road. We hope you can come visit!

Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. So many beautiful designs. Those of us who have no close LNS really appreciate seeing the new designs on your web site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such nice pictures !! I live in France and always look at your lovely website for the new designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making plans to go to Woodlawn on the 20th with my partner in cross stitch crime. Probably will be in to see you ladies, afterwards. My sister was going to try to make it from Illinois for the Woodlawn exhibit, but her children, have been way too busy producing grandchildren for her, for her to get away this year. But...I do make her so jealous when I tell her I am going to "In Stitches."

    ReplyDelete