Sunday, March 31, 2013

Shop Models and Some New Charts and Canvases

Happy Easter, all! The shop is closed today for the holiday, but we'll be open again tomorrow. I stopped by the shop yesterday to take a few photos to share with you.

Let's look first at our model wall: Top left is from Long Dog ("Hare Apparent"), top right is "Christmas at Hollyberry Farm" by Stacy Nash Primitives. You probably can't tell from the photo, but it's mounted in the best frame--warm wood with gold glints. Definitely will be on one of my next framed pieces. Bottom left and right are by Stitching Pretty--Remembering ByGone Stitches (Autumn and Spring Seasons Quakers).

"Barnwood Buttons" from Rosewood Manor. Candie stitched this lovely model. Candie is a wonder--when I stopped by the shop she was industriously stitching on a little snowman for the shop in between helping customers.

"ABCs and Christmas Trees" from JBW Designs.

Unfortunately, I did not jot down the name of this design (I'm always so distracted at the shop, looking here and there, and acquiring things for my own stash):

I've shown you this before, but here's a closeup: this fabric-painted and stitched work is going to offered as a class (not this particular design, although this chart--"Potomac River Needlework Map"will be part of the class kit)--by Catherine Jordan. The class is May 19--contact us at 703-360-4600 to see if there are seats available. You can buy the kit alone without the class, but I've looked at this close-up and I really want to know how to paint and dye and embellish without making a mess, so although my tendency is to prefer to teach myself, I really want to see how this is done because Catherine's pieces are so beautiful and impeccably designed and painted/stitched.

"After the Rain" by Filigram. Hard to show you the photo because it's so bitty--but what a sweet design (and it won't take forever to stitch).

"All Chicks Welcome," by Shepherd's Bush. Perfect for Easter, and also a quick stitch.

Prairie Moon's "You Forgot My Car Seat." What a hilarious little design--perfect for that Halloween Ornament Tree you're working on...

"Sampler for Baby" by Heartstring Samplery.

Pineberry Lane's "This Have I Done." A must-stitch for me.

We just goggle at the fabulous designs that arrive from France by GigiR. I've put them in order of stitching size, although heavens, I'd like to quit my job and just stay home and devote myself to GigiR's samplers. This is an "Adam & Eve by Elizabeth Anne Fuller 1854":

I purchased this yesterday for myself (don't worry, there are others): "Red Deer." Bet you can't tell why it's called Red Deer!

And the Saxony Sampler--so huge but so rewarding!

I don't show you nearly enough needlepoint--we have it in abundance, and I'm itching to learn (buying a canvas soon--will show you when I do). We have wonderfully competent/artistic needlepoint stitchers on our staff. This is Radonda's pumpkin (not sure of the designer, but if you want one, please ask call the shop and ask). It's not a quick stitch, but goodness, what a wonderful pillow or framed picture it will make. Cross stitchers, do yourself a favor and feed your needlework addiction by taking up needlepoint! (I am--it was my New Year's resolution...)

I'd like to buy this canvas, and he's next in line.

Our address is 8800-F Pear Tree Court in Alexandria, VA. For questions or to order, please call 703-360-4600. Our hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 12:30-4:30 on the first Sunday of each month. Stitch Nights are the first and third Wednesdays of the month. Come join us this week (April 3) from 6 to 9 p.m.

Happy Stitching to all our peeps!

1 comment:

  1. I saw that Potomac River piece at Woodlawn and it was AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete