Friday, March 6, 2015

Nashville #3

Happy Friday evening, everyone! I'm back with some more Nashville photos.

First off, I have been asked about the called-for Valdani in With Thy Needle and Thread's "Stars and Stripes Forever." I purchased the Valdani, which is the small ball. I used it in the pomegranate and the flag, and as you can see, the thread varies from deep red to a light yellowy/orange. I'm enjoying it and won't change now that I've started it, but I like the pomegranate Gentle Arts a little better. There's more pink/red and less yellow/orange. Either way works, I think, so if you buy the chart and kit it up, don't feel that you have to stitch with the suggested Valdani thread. Just my opinion here--not speaking for the shop or the designer.
Here's a refresher on what the project looks like. I'll give you another update on my stitching progress with tomorrow's post.
More pink/red: "The Black Cherry Tart" by Plum Street Samplers.
A booklet by Blackbird Designs, "In Friendship's Way."
"My Pink Rose," a lovely springy pinkeep.
The Scarlett House has some wonderful new designs. Here's one. I will show you more next time.
Long Dog has some wonderful, intricate new projects.
Teresa Kogut has a bunch of new designs. Here are just two of them.
Heartstring Samplery's "IL 1817" and
"Spring Flame Pincushion."
Heart in Hand's "Joyful Journal."  Here, July, but I saw lots of other months as well.
Shepherd's Bush: "Spring Trifles."
The fabulous "Hip Hop" Kit from Lizzie Kate--
Which contains these items! Love the finishing fabric, ribbon and button!
I'll be back tomorrow with another post.

I understand Woodlawn will be open tomorrow (it was closed today for the weather) and that it's a very worthwhile visit. Then come see us afterwards and stock up on fun projects!

To order or for questions, please call 703-360-4600. We are at 8800 Pear Tree Village Court, Alexandria, VA. If you are heading north from Woodlawn, we are just off Route 1 in the shopping center to the right of the McDonalds.

Our hours are 10-5, Monday through Saturday, and during the month of March during Woodlawn, 12:30 to 4:30. We hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment