Thursday, August 21, 2014

St. Charles Market I--Can't Wait to Get Started

Greetings, all! Here's my first installment of the new charts, kits and products from the Needlework Show at St. Charles, MO. The ladies from In Stitches stuffed the truck, gunned it toward Virginia, and then scurried around putting away all the new goodies so we could attack it all with maniacal glee enthusiasm yesterday afternoon and evening at Stitch Night.

So much to enjoy! If you have been following various peeks on the web, you know this is Beth Twist's (Heartstring Samplery) super new 100th design, and it's a biggie, comprised of motifs from her earlier designs. Here is the chart and the recommended floss (WDW and GAST) on a floss toss where I was contemplating 40 count Weeks Dye Works Angel Hair (the lighter color on the left), and 40 count Picture This Plus Legacy. The design recommends 28 count Picture This Plus Dubloon. We have the Dubloon, but I found the color a bit more aggressive than I was happy with, so I was weighing colors that fade into the background a little more. Note that my stitching pals don't all agree with me; some prefer the dubloon. But that's one of the things that makes stitching fun: switching things up! I'm still considering 32 count, however; I love the idea of a great big stitched piece! Can't wait to get started.
From really large to tiny: bet you could stitch this in a day. I purchased this as well. "Autumn" by Shepherd's Bush. Comes with floss, fabric, needles and two little buttons. Can't wait to get started.
This is a re-release of The Workbasket's "Old McMary's." I've wanted to stitch it forever, so I bought one. Can't wait to get started.
I wanted to show you a close-up of the Lone Elm Lane Designs "Halloween Resurrection." So clever and fun. Yes, we carry the boxes!
I love these two designs from SamSarah Design Studio, Inc. They come with the adorable buttons. And yes, we stock the hardware for displaying your finished work!
I love this tiny chart by Blackbird Designs. We love the Beatles-themed charts as well (and we have them!), but I didn't want to overlook this darling little project (a quickie!)
Here's a striking sampler: "The Mary Bathe Sampler 1831" by Historic Handworkes.
"A Ghoultide Welcome" (we have "Yuletide Welcome" as well) by Plum Street Samplers.
Needlework Press' "Mexican Band Sampler."
I love all of the samplers of each of these designers, both of whom are local to us. The first is Queenstown Sampler Designs' "Praise God," which I will be stitching.
Also a must-stitch for me, Ada Haslam, an English reproduction by Samplers Revisited. I can't wait to get started!!!
Give us a call at 703-360-4600 if you want to order, or with questions. We are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and open the first Sunday of each month from 12:30 to 4:30. Stitch nights are the first and third Wednesdays of each month, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Our address is 8800F Pear Tree Village, Alexandria, VA.

We will have a 2nd post later today. Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment