Thursday, November 26, 2015

Stitch and Be Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving, all! Now that dinner is over (mercifully; I love eating it, but I don't much enjoy preparation or clean-up), it's time to turn our thoughts to stitching, especially since I'd much rather stitch than venture out on Black Friday. In between basting the bird and whipping up a pomegranate/cranberry sauce, I was poring over some of my unfinished projects, some of which I'll show you at the end of this post. The blog banner photo is one: I started it about four weeks ago: it's by Cross Eyed Cricket, called "Rest and Be Thankful." At the time I said I wasn't sure if it is available, and I have since found out that we can order it for you if you'd like to have one of your very own. It's about half done at this point--but it has a very Thanksgiving look to it.

Here's a project I'm anxious to do, either on silk gauze or fabric. "Home Unto Thee" by Erica Michaels.


"Autumn Gifts" by Plum Street.

"Goodness and Plenty" by Plum Street.

"Gratitude Inspirational Boxer" by Lizzie Kate:


"November" by Cross Eyed Cricket.

"Patchwork Pumpkin" by Blackbird Designs.
"Gathering Acorns" by Lila's Studio.
"Peacock in the Pumpkin Patch," by Stacy Nash Primitives.
Hard to believe it's already almost "December," by Cross Eyed Cricket.
"Wee Santa 2015" by Heart in Hand Needleworks.
"A Christmas Cupboard Pocket," by With Thy Needle and Thread.
Blackberry Lane Designs' "Let it Snow."
"A Sweet Christmas" by Lilli Violette.
Two needlepoint designs I love, from Pippin Studios: "9 Witches' Hats" I'm picturing these stitched with sparkly fiber accents.
Also by Pippin, "12 Sailboats."
This is going to be a Christmas Day start for me: Barbara Ana Designs: "All Creatures Great and Small." It is charted for DMC or Anchor, both of which we sell.
People ask me about my WIPs--how many do I have? The answer: I don't know. I'll show you some of them from time to time. I recently got out "Christmastide at Holly House," by Scarlett House. I'm doing it on 40 count Lakeside mystery color fabric (can't remember), using the charted NPI and Classic Colorworks (Belle Soie) silks.
And I've taken out Mirabilia's "Santa." I'm stitching it on 32 count white linen, using the called-for DMC and Mill Hill beads. It's a lot of fun to stitch this.  (For extra sparkle, I added Kreinik blending filament to his hat brim.)
We will be open normal hours on Friday and Saturday this week. Remember that Saturday is Small Business Saturday. We are grateful for all our wonderful customers, fabulous designers, and awesome vendors. This small business depends on you all!

For questions or to order, please call at 703-360-4600. We are located at 8800 F Pear Tree Village in the Mt. Vernon section of Alexandria.

Our hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 12:30 to 4:30 on the first Sunday of each month. Stitch Nights are the first and third Wednesdays of the month, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Don't be shy--come join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment