Sunday, May 18, 2014

Works In Progress--and New in the Shop

Greetings, all! I thought you might like to see some progress on some of the projects I've bought in the last year or so from the shop. All of these designs are currently in the shop, in case you feel like jumping in and joining me!

First, Scarlett House's "Christmastide at Holly House."


My progress to date. I am using 40 count Lakeside and the called-for silk threads:

"Mary Ann Crumley 1829" by Samplers Not Forgotten:

My progress:
I am working in 40 count light examplar by Lakeside, using most of the called-for silks.  I did not care for the pale peach on the border flowers (or are they strawberries?), so I am using a light- to medium pink shade of silk called Pink Flamingo which I think shows up better on the fabric I chose.

Next up is "Jane Clarkson 1856," by Samplers Revisited. 

Here's how far I've gotten:

I love stitching Santas, and I have this one (among others) going by Mirabilia.  This is called "Santa."

And here's mine, which I'm working using a bright white linen in 32 count with DMC.  Later it will be beaded--don't you love sparkly things, especially for Christmas?
Here are the works of a couple of our other Stitch Night stitchers:

Also by Mirabilia, and full of beads, the stitcher of this beauty brought her in to choose a frame:

"Red":

"Red" is stitched on Picture This Plus (I think 32) in Valor:

Notice the exquisite beading.


Another one of our very creative stitchers ordered a burlap coffee bag from the internet and is embellishing it. It's very large and quite breathtaking:


So clever!

We have quite a few new fabrics in the shop, including the very high count Lakeside and these beauties:

And the gorgeous fabric that goes with the many new designs by The Primitive Hare. These designs are beautifully charted, artistically presented, and best of all, the photographs are clear!

This is "Triora Witches Trials"

and "All Hallows Needles' Queen,"


and

the prettiest Christmas ornaments:

Among lots of others!  What to stitch these on?  The Primitive Hare's very own luscious hand-dyed fabric!

Oh, and I want to show you these lovely finished projects. Sigh--don't they make you just want to drop everything and stitch away? And yes, we do carry the boxes, and the Jill Rensel mat if you prefer to frame yours:



And this adorable stocking is a special edition, too: "Never Far Apart."



One last very special thing. For those of you who have heard about/visited/exhibited your work in the Woodlawn Needlework Show, here's the Woodlawn Sampler by Woodlawn's own Nelly's Needlers.


Our address is 8800F Pear Tree Court, Alexandria, VA. Our phone number, for orders or questions, is 703-360-4600. Our hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and 12:30-4:30 p.m., the first Sunday of each month. Stitch Nights are from 6 to 9 p.m., the first and third Wednesday of the month.

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Your works in progress are wonderful....your needle must be HOT! :) lovely designs in the shop. Gorgeous work on RED, please pass it on the the stitcher, just breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete